There is a growing movement of organizations and landowners seeking to develop farm incubators. Here’s a place to learn from each other, and from the Intervale Center in Burlington, VT, which is widely recognized as a leader in farm incubation programs and services.
If you have more resources to share with your colleagues, please send them to .
National Incubator Farm Training Initiative (NIFTI)
For a listing of hundreds of resources on starting and operating a Farm Incubator, please visit the National Incubator Farm Training Initiative (NIFTI) site, run by our friends at the New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Visit New Entry’s website to find out about receiving one-on-on technical assistance (from New Entry, The Intervale, ALBA, etc.), attend incubator-related events, sign up for the NIFTI list serve, and browse a map of all the incubators in the country.
Intervale Center Farm Incubator
- Presentation on Intervale’s Programs (PDF) – by Andrea Tursini at the Oct 2010 Beginning Farmer Learning Network meeting
- Notes from Andrea’s presentation (PDF)
- 2010 Rental Rates at Intervale (PDF) – fees charged for land and equipment rentals
New York Incubators
- Groundswell Center for Food and Farming Project in Ithaca, NY
- Groundswell Incubator Description (PDF) – New Incubator launched in 2011!
- The Groundswell Center is an agriculture education nonprofit based in Ithaca, NY, operating under the Center for Transformative Action and EcoVillage at Ithaca and serving the broader Finger Lakes area. Their core work is nurturing the next generation of farmers and cultivating knowledgeable “food citizens” through experience based educational programs.