Quickbooks pro is an excellent software app for farmers to assist with keeping books in order.
As a farmer you have so many things to consider and bookkeeping can be challenging to say the least.
From inventory, to sales taxes, to invoices, adjustments, and procedures for year end, that is just the tip of the iceberg.
We're currently finishing our "Quickbooks farming" step by step guide that will take you through all the important parts of QB for your operation.
We'll be using real world examples from our own experiences to help you understand the important financial and business aspects to consider.
Thanks for being patient with us. While you wait, here are some of the top things we'll be covering in our guide:
- How to setup and configure Quickbooks
- How to setup charts of accounts, list of items, list of customers, and list of vendors.
- How to track income, whether you use sales receipts or invoices.
- How to track your expenses
- How to use reporting features for monitoring your finances
- How to use Quickbooks years end procedures
- How to backup data and restore in case of an error
We'll be diving into great detail with each section, but that's the overview. This will help you learn the "not so fun, but extremely important" side of the farming business.
It's critical for anyone who is serious about being building a successful operation. A business that does not know it's numbers is bound to fail and we don't want that for you.
So our hopes with this guide is that it prepares you for you journey, whether you're experienced or not from that actual farming side of things.
Check back here often, as we'll be publishing the guide shortly!