Maple syrup farming is exclusive to certain regions of the world, but it's nonetheless fascinating.
We got together with maple syrup production experts from the northeast US and Canada to get their insight for a comprehensive look on what it's like behind the scenes for this type of operation.
Many farmers use it as a way to provide a income supplement, and some only use it for personal and family production.
However, the process for extracting the syrup is very common, no matter who's doing it, surprisingly.
Our guide is nearly finished, so we'll be releasing it shortly. But here's what you can look forward to:
- Learn how opportunities are identified for maple sap production.
- Learn about the importance of developing and managing "forest stands".
- Learn about the business side of things, including a cost-benefit analysis for production.
- Learn about all the equipment you need
- Learn about the tubing systems necessary for your operation
- Learn about packaging, labeling, and distributing your product
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We cover dozens of topics in this guide, so check back here frequently.