Are you looking for a farm internship, apprenticeship or job? Looking for venues to post an opportunity? We’ve compiled an extensive national list for you!
Internships, Apprenticeships, Farm Management Jobs
- ATTRA Internship Database
- Sustainable Food Jobs
- New Entry Sustainable Farming Project’s Employment Directory and Map
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) Classifieds
Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) – in NY, CT, Mass, VT, RI, NH, and the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Assoc.
- NOFA-NY Farm Apprenticeship Posting
- NOFA-VT Apprentice and Farm Worker Program
- University of Vermont Farm, Land, Business, and Employment Opportunities
- Rodale Institute Classifieds
- Greenhorns Blog (has job opps interspersed with other interesting news items)
- Cornell Small Farms Bi-Monthly Update – This online newsletter reaches 6000 new and experienced farmers in New York and across the Northeast. Sign up to receive the SF Update here.
- UMass Amherst Landscape/Gardening/Nursery jobs and internships
- Craigslist – The “Job Opportunities” section of your local Craigslist offers a place to search for local hired help or temporary workers
- National Young Farmers Coalition website offers jobs across the country. Search by region!
Experiential Training & Certificate Programs
- Beginning Farmers website provides a comprehensive listing of beginning farmer training programs including college/university programs, farm-based programs, urban farming programs, and online certificate programs.
- Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (CRAFT) provides farmer-to-farmer learning and access to the social network and culture of local farmers – multiple regions
- Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming (Ithaca, NY) offers short courses and a 100-hour Sustainable Farming Certificate Program.
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardners Association (MOFGA) has a farm apprentice program that connects people wanting to learn organic farming with experienced farmers willing to share their expertise.
- The University of Vermont offers a 6-month intensive farmer training program for aspiring farmers and food systems advocates that provides a hands-on, skill-based education in sustainable agriculture.
- UMASS Amherst Continuing and Professional Education has a 15-credit, 5-course certificate in sustainable food and farming – open to all students with a GED or high school diploma
- The Farm School has a year-long, residential, licensed program that provides practical training in forestry, animal husbandry, carpentry, mechanics, business planning, marketing and organic vegetable production.
- Better Farm is a sustainability campus, artist colony and organic farm in Redwood NY in which Sustainability Education students receive a hands-on immersive, introductory crash-course in