About the Courses
- Interactive 5-7 week courses connect you to the information and people you need to build a successful farm business.
- Led by experienced educators and farmers
- Take a single course, or start at the beginning and work your way through the courses in order
- Courses help you establish clear goals, assess personal resources, plan marketing, create budgets, set up recordkeeping, navigate regulations, choose the right equipment, improve soil, get organically certified, write a business plan, and learn how to raise veggies and chickens.
How to Choose
We hope to have this section back up soon!
All courses all closed for the season. We’ll start advertising our Fall courses in late summer!
- BF 101: Square One: Building a Farm that Matches Your Values, Goals, Skills, and Resources
- BF 102: Markets and Profits: Exploring the Feasibility of Your Farming Ideas (designed to follow BF 101)
- BF 103: Taking Care of Business: Understanding the Business, Regulatory, and Tax implications of Your Farm
- BF 104: Financial Records: Setting up Systems to Track Your Profitability
- BF105: Machinery and Equipment: Evaluating What’s Right for Your Operation
- BF106: Organic Certification: What, How and Why (or Why Not)
- BF 110: Soil Health – Investing in the Vitality of Your Farm
- BF 120: Veggies Farming: From Planning to Planting
- BF 121: Veggies Farming II: From Season-long Care to Market
- BF 122: Berry Production: Getting Started with Growing & Marketing
- BF 130: Pastured Poultry: Profiting from Layers, Broilers, Turkeys and Ducks
- BF 201: Making Money: Pricing, Positioning in the Market, and Guerrilla Marketing
- BF 202: Planning to Stay in Business: Writing Your Business Plan