Last modified: June 14, 2010
Protecting your privacy is important to us. In a nutshell, we will never share your personal information with any third parties without your express consent. We may share impersonal, aggregated data collected from this site with our funders or with researchers. This data will not contain any information that would identify you personally.
Information we collect and how we use it
You can freely access most of the information and services on the Beginning Farmer website without needing to create an account. But if you would like to utilize the planning worksheets or be able to ask questions or make comments, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you create a profile, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). This information allows you to make use of the customizable features of the site.
- Log information – When you use this site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. This data helps us track number of visitors to the site, measure the impact of any promotion of the site and monitor the overall performance of our site.
- Links – We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our content and services.
We will only utilize your personal information for the purposes described below:
- To improve the quality of our information and services
- To offer personal assistance with a farm-related issue
- To gain a more thorough understanding of our our audience
- To request if we could profile your farm as a success story
We will only share your personal information with our funders or county Cornell Cooperative Extension offices if we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who want to start a particular enterprise, for example, or how many users completed the tutorials or planning worksheets. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact .