Hydroponics Training and Services
Boswyck Farms is a hydroponic farm and education center in Bushwick, Brooklyn that hosts hydroponics workshops and an eight-session hydroponic certification course, and provides consulting and installation services for private residences, community organizations, and businesses.
Boswyck Farms is also currently working on the Green Wall Project, an effort to develop an affordable, low maintenance hydroponic system using milk crates. For more information and for a listing of workshops, visit http://www.boswyckfarms.org/ or email or call (617) 666-8486.
City Grow, an indoor gardening store in Brooklyn and the Bronx, also offers free hands-on “Intro to Hydroponics” classes every Saturday. See website below for more information.
The following are suggested by Boswyck Farms, with a complete list of suggested resources available on their website, http://www.boswyckfarms.org/.
- How-To Hydroponics, 4th Edition, by Keith Roberto, Futuregarden, 2003
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, 6th Edition, by Howard M. Resh, CRC Press, 2002
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook of Soilless Food-Growing Methods, 6th edition, by Howard M. Resh, Woodbridge Publishing Company, 2001
New York Hydroponics Stores
- Hydroponic Garden Centers, inc. (http://growhome.com/)
146-47 Horace Harding Expwy, Flushing, NY, (718) 762-8880
- Hydroponic Shops of America (http://www.hydroponicshopsofamerica.com/)
2606 Erie Boulevard, East Syracuse, NY, (615) 251-2516
- Indoor/Outdoor Gardener (http://www.hydroponicsnewyorkcity.com/)
8223 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, (718) 836-2402
- Planted Earth Hydroponics (http://www.plantedearthhydro.com/)
120 Vestal Avenue, Endicott, NY, (607) 239-6207
Triphammer Marketplace, 2255 N. Triphammer Rd., Ithaca, NY, (607) 319-0918
- Upstate Hydroponics & Garden Supply (http://www.upstatehydroponics.com/)
3092 Lake Road, Horseheads, NY, (607) 483-9199