Skip to main content


Where can I get help preparing my farm’s tax return?

If you’re looking for a CPA to prepare your tax return for you, try asking farmers in your area for recommendations, as well as contacting your local Cooperative Extension office. Someone in your network should be able to point you to a reputable and knowledgeable tax accountant.

If you’d like to do your own taxes but haven’t prepared a Schedule F before (that’s the form used to report farm-specific income and expenses), two great sources for self-education are the Rural Tax website and the IRS Farmers Tax Guide (which can be downloaded from the Related Links page of the Rural Tax website). Also, you can find “Tips About Farmer Income Tax” and the other tip sheets in the series can be downloaded for free or purchased as a paper publication for a small handling fee at the ATTRA website


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *