Skip to main content


What kind of government incentives are available to me?

Information on these and other incentives may be found at

Financial Assistance, Environmental, and Stewardship Programs

Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA)
Chesapeake Bay Watershed Initiative (CBWI)
Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)
Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) Air, Energy, Organic, and Forestry
Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI)
Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP)

Easement Programs

Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program (FRPP)
Grassland Reserve Program (GRP)
Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP)

Opportunities for “Historically Underserved” Individuals and Groups

The Farm Bill offers program opportunities for “Historically Underserved” individuals and groups. The Practice Payment rate for is higher than the general rate. More information is available at the NRCS Socially Disadvantaged, Beginning, and Limited Resource Farmers/Ranchers Web page.

What do I need to do to apply?

You need to complete form NRCS-CPA-1200, Conservation Program Application. Forms are available at your local USDA NRCS office, or you may download them from the Download Documents area of each program’s Web page. Applications are accepted on a continual basis, and are held for the next round of funding. For additional information contact or visit your local USDA NRCS office.

Conservation Practices

Each Farm Bill program employs one or more conservation practices to achieve its goal. Our Conservation Practices Web page provides information about many of the practices approved for use in New York State.

Conservation Technical Assistance and Activities

To learn about other USDA-NRCS conservation programs, technical assistance and activities, please visit our Conservation Resources in New York Web page.

Conservation Practices and Programs for Your Land

The 2008 Farm Bill offers America’s agricultural producers and nonindustrial private forest landowners more assistance than ever before to voluntarily conserve natural resources on our Nation’s privately owned farm and ranch lands.

The USDA NRCS has published a brochure titled “Conservation Practices and Programs for Your Land“. It outlines the conservation practices and programs available to interested producers and landowners.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *